Medicaid Redetermination Process
Posted March 22, 2023
May 19, 2023 update:
Med-QUEST is sending pink letters that contain information on eligibility renewal.
Some are asking “What if I’m no longer eligible for Medicaid?” Waimānalo Health Center Outreach staff are here to help and can be reached by walk-in at any location or by phone at (808) 259-7948. Ask for Māmaki. Mahalo.
If it is determined that a member is no longer eligible for Medicaid, what happens?
A member who is no longer eligible, will receive:
- Notice of when your enrollment will end,
- Information on how to appeal that decision if you believe the disenrollment was in error, and
- Information about other health care coverage options available from Healthcare.gov
If a member is no longer eligible for Medicaid, where can he/she find health care coverage?
- If you need coverage but no longer qualify for Med-QUEST, visit the Health Insurance Marketplace at HealthCare.Gov or by calling 1-800-318-2596.
- If you need additional assistance navigating the Health Insurance Marketplace, MQD’s Health Care Outreach Branch as well as its community partner organizations (listed at medquest.hawaii.gov/gethelp) can assist with this transition. Some of the Med-QUEST Health Plans may also assist their exiting members with the transition from Medicaid to the Marketplace.
- Veterans may also find more health care resources at VA Pacific Islands Health Care.
March 22, 2023 update:
Throughout the pandemic, all Medicaid members received continuous uninterrupted coverage amid the public health emergency. Med-QUEST Division will begin reaching out to members in March 2023 to let them know what month their eligibility will be redetermined. This eligibility renewal work will begin in April and be spread out across 12 months.
Waimānalo Health Center Outreach staff are here to assist you to update your contact information and answer questions about the Medicaid Redetermination Process. We may be reached by walk-in at any location or by phone at (808) 259-7948. Ask for Māmaki.
Please visit https://medquest.hawaii.gov/en/members-applicants/already-covered/Stay_Well_Stay_Covered_Toolkit.html for more information and frequently asked questions.